British History 2:
From the French Revolution to World War II
Topic: "Majesties and Royal Highnesses"
by Laura Cenicola & Mareike Aumann
- In which year did the 'United Kingdom' come to existence and under which Act did this happen?
- Queen Anne was a Stuart. Nevertheless her successor, George I, came out of the House of Hanover. How is that possible?
- When was the position of the Prime Minister established and why?
- Why could you call George IV the 'black sheep' among the George's?
- Who were the two men 'teaching' Queen Victoria how to be a successfull head of state?
- Why did Prime Minister Harold Wilson say, ' I shall certainly advise my successor to do his homework before his audience'?