British History 2:
From the French Revolution to World War II
Topic: "Majesties and Royal Highnesses"
by Laura Cenicola & Mareike Aumann
- Why was the Victorian Era a time of many contradictions?
- Which events effected Queen Victoria's and Albert's opinion on morality?
- Was the Victorian Era really as prude and repressive as we think nowadays? Give an example.
- What is meant by 'Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child'? And why was is so important to Victorian parents?
- Why was the Great Exhibition of 1851 so important for Great Britain and what was its most important and impressive sight?